martedì, marzo 20, 2018

OUT TODAY!

LydieLydie by Jordi Lafebre
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a great story, left me speechless and wondering if some times little miracles like the one told here, couldn't happen in reality also.

Questa bellissima storia mi ha lasciato senza parole e piú volte mi sono chiesta se tutto sommato un miracolo come quello qui raccontato, non sarebbe giá potuto succedere davvero.

THANKS NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!



Fast Burn (Body Armor, #4)

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

As far as this book go, I was pretty disappointed in Lori Foster, but to me this whole series was not good, so I can move to her other books. I don't know what didn't sound right but it seems that the whole book was centered on ridiculous characters making wrong choices,

Questo libro, come anche il primo della serie che non ho mai finito, non mi é proprio piaciuto, quindi generalizzerei all'intera serie che per fortuna é finita cosí Lori Foster puó concentrarsi su qualcosa di meglio di una serie di ridicoli personaggi che fanno scelte sbagliate....

THANKS NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!



All Star Batman Vol. 3: The First Ally

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Two connected stories which go towards an unpredictable end that I hope to read as soon as possible. The first one in this comic is absolutely unbelievable, and the second is also good, so this is a super comic .

Due storie collegate che avranno un finale che spero di leggere il piú presto possibile. La prima storia inoltre é fantastica e anche la seconda non é male, quindi direi un fumetto super nel suo complesso.

THANKS EDELWEISS FOR THE PREVIEW!



The Temptation of Forgiveness (Commissario Brunetti, #27)

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

And also this time I had my fix of Donna Leon's Brunetti, which is my sort of northern Montalbano, even if she wrote way worse than Camilleri. Another case for Brunetti, who got the wrong person twice before being helped.

E anche stavolta ho avuto la mia dose del Brunetti di Donna Leon, che é un po' il corrispettivo nordico di Montalbano, aggiungendo il fatto che Camilleri scrive milioni di volte meglio dell'autrice inglese che dopo piú di 20 anni in Italia ancora ha problemi con quelle poche parole in italiano che inserisce nel testo (o lei o la sua editor). Un altro caso dove Brunetti fa un paio di buchi nell'acqua prima di avere il solito colpo di fortuna.

THANKS EDELWEISS FOR THE PREVIEW!



Port of Earth, Vol. 1

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I liked this comic really a lot, and left me a lot of food for thoughts. Looking forward to read the sequels.

Questo fumetto mi é piaciuto veramente tanto e non vedo l'ora di leggere come prosegue, nel frattempo mi ha lasciato parecchio su cui riflettere.

THANKS EDELWEISS FOR THE PREVIEW!



Journeying

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When I read "Microcosms" written by the same author, I was left wondering what made people who where not from Italy, eager to read the little life in some little places that even I as an Italian didn't know at all, but then of course there was the writing which helped to lift the whole book to a new level. "Journeying" is even better, in my opinion, because most of all we are talking about Europe (with the exception of the last chapters) and many little details are left off to make the reading easier. A very good book.

Quando lessi "Microcosmi" scritto dallo stesso autore, mi sono piú volte soffermata a chiedermi le ragioni che lettori stranieri potessero avere per leggere un libro su alcuni posti talmente sperduti che nemmeno noi italiani conosciamo, certo poi si inserisce il fattore scrittura e tutto si chiarisce. Ma "L'infinito viaggiare" é secondo me piú bello, prima di tutto perché parla in generale (tranne gli ultimi capitoli) di posti piuttosto famosi in Europa e poi scende meno dei dettagli e rende quindi la scrittura piú scorrevole. Libro molto bello.

THANKS NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!



Limited Edition

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Bittersweet story that I know and I heard a lot, but still even in a funny way I think this comic empowers women a lot, so it was a worth story to read.

Storia dolce amare che conosco bene e che, sebbene utilizzi un fumetto, credo sia fondamentale da leggere per il potere che, alla fine, attribuisce alle donne.

THANKS NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!


Nessun commento: