martedì, febbraio 07, 2017

OUT TODAY!

Stretch: Unlock the Power of Less -  and Achieve More Than You Ever ImaginedStretch: Unlock the Power of Less - and Achieve More Than You Ever Imagined by Scott Sonenshein
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It was interesting enough, but from time to time I got the impression that, as the title meant, the author was stretching some situations and experiences to validate his point of view. Still it was a worth reading.

Abbastanza interessante, se non fosse che a volte ho avuto l'impressione che l'autore stesse "stiracchiando" alcune situazioni ed esperienze per confermare il suo punto di vista. Comunque vale la pena leggerlo.

THANKS TO EDELWEISS FOR THE PREVIEW!



Batman: Detective Comics, Volume 1: Rise of the BatmenBatman: Detective Comics, Volume 1: Rise of the Batmen by James Tynion IV
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Such a cool story with great illustrations and dialogues, sooo looking forward to read the next chapter!

Storia fighissima con illustrazioni magnifiche e bei dialoghi! Non vedo l'ora di leggere il prossimo capitolo della saga.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!



Quantum Fuzz: The Strange True Makeup of Everything Around UsQuantum Fuzz: The Strange True Makeup of Everything Around Us by Michael S Walker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Starting from the beginning of 1900 the greatest physic's discoveries and their real or hypothetical applications, explained with a clear language (when possible) and with pictures. Very interesting.

La storia delle piú recenti scoperte della fisica (a partire dal 1900) spiegate chiaramente (quando possibile) e corredate di immagini. Molto interessante.

THANKS TO EDELWEISS FOR THE PREVIEW!



The RefugeesThe Refugees by Viet Thanh Nguyen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After reading The sympathizer, I was looking forward to read this book and I was not disappointed because, as a matter of fact, I think the author is even better at writing short stories than novels, but as I read only this two books I cannot really say.
The deep meaning of living abroad, far from one's country, in a different culture, what does really mean loss, all subjects that are developed by this stories and gives us a lot of food for thoughts. Remarkable.

Dopo aver letto The Sympathizer non vedevo lora di leggere questi racconti e non sono sicuramente rimasta delusa, in quanto, secondo me ma é ingiusto dirlo, l'autore é piú bravo con le storie brevi rispetto ai romanzi, anche se ho letto solo 2 sue opere. Il significato piú profondo di vivere in un paese che non é il nostro, il concetto di cultura differente, cosa significa veramente perdere la propria patria e tanti altri concetti, vengono affrontate in queste storie che danno sicuramente molto da pensare. Libro notevole per molti versi.

THANKS TO EDELWEISS FOR THE PREVIEW!



The Duke (Victorian Rebels, #4)The Duke by Kerrigan Byrne
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Cole and Ginny are two good characters but someway their story is not so compelling. The beginning was pretty good but in the end the "secret" was kept too long and the "resolution" was too fast, I think it could have been handled in a better way. I mostly gave 3 stars to this book because I'm a big fan of this series and I hope for the next book to be better.

Cole e Ginny non sono male come personaggi, ma in qualche modo la loro storia non decolla nonostante l'inizio promettente. Secondo me il problema é stato che "il segreto" é stato mantenuto troppo a lungo e quando finalmente siamo arrivati alla soluzione era, secondo me, un po' troppo tardi e troppo affrettata. Gli ho dato 3 stelle fondamentalmente perché sono una grande fan della serie ed ho fiducia per il prossimo libro.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!

View all my reviews

Nessun commento: